Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies.

My Dear Roommate and singularly best friend, Rachel, is a photographer. She also likes to adventure. So we road-tripped to Unclaimed Baggage in Scottsdale, AL this weekend on a mini-adventure. We talked about a lot of things along the way, but one thing really sparked our imaginations. I mentioned NaNoWriMo to her (peer pressure = motivation, and since you lot aren't commenting on any of my posts, I've gotta get it somewhere!), and she said, "I wish I could write 50,000 words in a month."

We invented a photo challenge for her to go hand-in-hand with my writing challenge. So we're inviting you (if you don't write), to join Rachel on her adventure. Here's how it works:
November 1st to the 30th
10 photographs a day
NO editing/retouching/critiquing/whining

By the end of the month, you'll have 300 photographs (or 50,000 words) to show for your efforts, and then the editing can begin! So I'll be blogging here about the weirdness of WriMo, and Rachel will be blogging about the Create and Dream Photo Challenge at onthEdge Creations. Dare to push your boundaries! You're not alone... we'll be slogging along with you!

2 comments:

  1. I'd make her blog all the photos. And WriMo seems interesting, but I'm not at all sure how my clients would react to "I'll get to your project next month..."

    And hey - commenting would be easier if you had a choice for those of use who would prefer a Name/URL method of posting (instead of Google, OpenID, etc).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom,
    Thnx! I've mentioned (maybe elsewhere) that I'm terribly new to all the detailed bits of this blogging/Twitter stuff, and I'm kind of feeling it out myself. It may be time to ask for help...
    I did adjust the settings to what I think will accommodate anyone.

    I'm not sure how my boss will react to "Mind if I write a novel in my downtime?" :D

    ReplyDelete